Wanderer Wanderer

Probably your best song, some areas feel kinda empty but it is negligible. When are you going to make a dubstep?

Strykur responds:

Thanks, I think it might be one of my best as well. I'm working on a dubstep piece right now but I'm a bit stuck with it.

Buttpoop Buttpoop

Shittiest song ever

Dark Skies Dark Skies

Well, the main problem of this song is that the melody is way too repetitive. If it varies just a bit, it would be more interesting. Another thing is that, the drop seems too light, the growls should be louder and more distorted. Overall, the song should have more elements

Strykur responds:

I agree that the melody is a bit repetitive, but it is actually varied in a few places if you didn't notice (which probably means it isn't varied enough). And yeah, the drop is a tad light, but there is plenty of distortion there, and not all dubstep has to have a heavy and super-growly drop.

Sunken Sunken

This is one of your most insane songs! The atmosphere is really nice, you really got a deep feeling in it. You should probably add some really wet arps and then automate their dryness and wetness in the course of the song. A bass drop would be appreciated? (lol all I know is bass drops lol lol lol)

Strykur responds:

Hey, long time no see! Thank you! I was considering adding an arp, maybe it would have added some stuff to the song, and liquid DnB tends to not have a bass drop. If it wasn't liquid then I would have made one :P

AIM - The Ancient Warrior AIM - The Ancient Warrior

No words

Xtrullor - Fluorescent Forests (feat. Albert Hyrönen) Xtrullor - Fluorescent Forests (feat. Albert Hyrönen)

That Au5 ambience.!.

A Man Of Determination (Antares Remix) A Man Of Determination (Antares Remix)

Melody is excellent, the use of the different instruments are really good. The drop could be harder and have more varied growls and bass. You are improving a lot my man. Also, in the build up, you could add more rising effects.

Antares - Null Antares - Null

Really improved, comparing to your other works. The melody is better, the drop is better and everything else is better. You just have to work on automation, sound effects and the mixing. After the drop, you can add a fading effect to make a good transition between drop to verse. You should also use more synths, like at least 30. Also make the drums as loud as possible, like at 0db

Melody/percussion/chord: 7.5/10
Mixing/synth choice: 5.5/10
Drop: 7.5/10
Conplexity/automation/SFX: 6/10
Mastering/general stuff: 8.5/10

Total: 35/50 = 70%

AntaresGD responds:

Thanks for the review! A significant amount of effort was put into this, but definitely not enough on the synths. I will do better with the mixing with my next release.
#NotEnoughSynths

Tokyo By Night Tokyo By Night

Would really fit a Japanese game menu theme

MusicWizard responds:

Well, it might. ;)

Phantom Of The Opera (Antares RmX) Phantom Of The Opera (Antares RmX)

First: Ok the intro is OK, although it could've had a more obvious chord playing and the led can have more variations. But it isnt a bad intro.
Second: The buildup is very good, but you can add a rising effect and that will be perfect.
Third : The drop is a bit too loud compared to the other parts of the sound. A bass drop doesnt mean a loud drop. In most of the dubsteps, the drop has the same volume as the verses (although it appears to be not). Also you can use more growl variations to make it sound complex. The second drop is dope tho.
Fourth : The outro is too simple, maybe you can add a fading effect.

Scores;)