Sunken Sunken

This is one of your most insane songs! The atmosphere is really nice, you really got a deep feeling in it. You should probably add some really wet arps and then automate their dryness and wetness in the course of the song. A bass drop would be appreciated? (lol all I know is bass drops lol lol lol)

Strykur responds:

Hey, long time no see! Thank you! I was considering adding an arp, maybe it would have added some stuff to the song, and liquid DnB tends to not have a bass drop. If it wasn't liquid then I would have made one :P

AIM - The Ancient Warrior AIM - The Ancient Warrior

No words

Xtrullor - Fluorescent Forests (feat. Albert Hyrönen) Xtrullor - Fluorescent Forests (feat. Albert Hyrönen)

That Au5 ambience.!.

A Man Of Determination (Antares Remix) A Man Of Determination (Antares Remix)

Melody is excellent, the use of the different instruments are really good. The drop could be harder and have more varied growls and bass. You are improving a lot my man. Also, in the build up, you could add more rising effects.

Antares - Null Antares - Null

Really improved, comparing to your other works. The melody is better, the drop is better and everything else is better. You just have to work on automation, sound effects and the mixing. After the drop, you can add a fading effect to make a good transition between drop to verse. You should also use more synths, like at least 30. Also make the drums as loud as possible, like at 0db

Melody/percussion/chord: 7.5/10
Mixing/synth choice: 5.5/10
Drop: 7.5/10
Conplexity/automation/SFX: 6/10
Mastering/general stuff: 8.5/10

Total: 35/50 = 70%

AntaresGD responds:

Thanks for the review! A significant amount of effort was put into this, but definitely not enough on the synths. I will do better with the mixing with my next release.
#NotEnoughSynths

Tokyo By Night Tokyo By Night

Would really fit a Japanese game menu theme

MusicWizard responds:

Well, it might. ;)

Phantom Of The Opera (Antares RmX) Phantom Of The Opera (Antares RmX)

First: Ok the intro is OK, although it could've had a more obvious chord playing and the led can have more variations. But it isnt a bad intro.
Second: The buildup is very good, but you can add a rising effect and that will be perfect.
Third : The drop is a bit too loud compared to the other parts of the sound. A bass drop doesnt mean a loud drop. In most of the dubsteps, the drop has the same volume as the verses (although it appears to be not). Also you can use more growl variations to make it sound complex. The second drop is dope tho.
Fourth : The outro is too simple, maybe you can add a fading effect.

Scores;)

Total: 32/50=6/10

Xtrullor - Event Horizon Xtrullor - Event Horizon

I wish that Hollywood can use Xtrullor's songs for trailers

Ascension Ascension

Ok dear Luke, theres some things that need to get improved:
1. The entire song is about the same velocity:
You have to have more automations to make the synths vary a bit. If you dont like automating the volume, you can EQ, wet or filter synths to decrease the volume. At calm parts you can decrease hi ends of synths to make it "appear" less loud, or mute certain chords and bass. And theres another thing, muting the percussion doesnt really make the song less loud.
2. The wubs need to be more obvious:
To make them obvious, you can reduce the volume of other synths or EQ other synths when the wub is playing.
3. The song "appears" to be repeating the same thing over and over
Bro, you need some changes in the song. You can use more synths (I use about 30-60 per track).
The melody, the mixing and the percussion are actually pretty good.

Strykur responds:

I only just noticed that I didn't respond to this! But trust me, I took your advice. I've been experimenting with velocity, variation and changing wubs since this review :P

Lockyn - Aqua (Zyzyx Remix) Lockyn - Aqua (Zyzyx Remix)

Bruh, couldve used more different growls

DJ-Zyzyx responds:

Thanks! And yeah I agree 8)